What to Know AFTER You Buy A New Wig
Stylish styles by tee blog
So you’ve bought a wig… now what. If you’re completely clueless then don’t worry we got you covered every step of the way. At Stylish Styles by Tee, our aim is to make it simple for women like you to achieve a near perfect look. We take our time making every creation and now we’re lending a helping hand for the final results. Here’s what you need to know to care for your wig once you've purchased it.
- Back to Shop >
- HAIR PRODUCTS >
- Ready to Ship >
- Custom Orders >
- Wig Academy >
Approximate read time: 5-6 mins
WIG EXPERT, Educator
Hey Girl! Welcome to our blog. We're sharing need to know wigs tips, full tutorials, and more so you don't want to miss a chance to read up on all our free content. Join our newsletter to get notified of new post.
Ready to Learn Wig Making?
Join our wig making academy for inspiring wig makers and stylist.Join Now
How to Prep Your Wig
Shop Wig Products >>
If you’re buying a wig from Stylish Styles by Tee a lot of the hard work is done for you. However, if you want that perfect blend, there’s a few tricks you might want to consider.
- Adding a Band
This adds extra security to your wig for a flatter more secure fit.
- Tinting Your Lace
Lace tint helps dye your lace to so it blends with your natural skin tone.
- Use a Wig Grip
Similar to a band, this helps secure your wig. This is perfect for those of you who don't want to secure your wig with adhesive.
These tools can help you achieve a flatter, more secure install, while our lace tint products can make your wig appear more like skin by matching your skin tone without cakey makeup.
When it’s time to wash your unit, follow these easy instructions to cleanse your unit.
- Step 1. Shampoo hair when needed. Avoid products made for natural hair.
- Step 2. Co-wash the hair with a moisturizing conditioner.
- Step 3. Rinse thoroughly with cold water. Use a downward motion to prevent tangles.
- Step 4. Air Dry Hair to prevent damage.
- Step 5. Install and Style.
STRAIGHT & WAVY HAIR MAINTENANCE
These textures are often heat styled. Remember when styling, always use a heat protector. Style hair as desired or view our tutorials here for quick tips. Apply a lightweight serum for more shine, but avoid using too many styling products.
CURLY HAIR WIGS - WET STYLING
Want an effortless wet look? Follow these quick styling instructions to maintain your unit.
- Step 1. Combine leave-in conditioner with water in a spray bottle. Solution should be 2-3 parts water and 1 part product for a natural look.
- Step 2. With hair damp, comb through with a wide tooth comb or denman brush. Start at the ends and work your way to the top using gentle strokes.
- Step 3. Scrunch hair gently in an upward motion to reform the curls.
- Step 4. Leave the unit to air dry and avoid touching it until completely dry.
Don’t forget to protect your hair at all costs. Whether you like to secure your wig down for extended periods of time or remove it every night your wig should be placed securely in a safe place. Avoid stuffing your unit under dresser drawers, grocery bags, or random spots if you want to preserve the longevity of your unit.
Don't have time to wash and restyle your own wig? Cant seem to get the style back like it was when you first got it? Have an event coming up and can’t afford a new wig? No worries, send us your old wig that’s in the closet and get a new style for one low price!⠀with our Stylish Wig Maintenance Service! This service is for STYLISH WIGS only!⠀You can purchase your wig maintenance service below! ⠀